Auburn’s Patterson, Pepperdine’s Bywater Top Week-14 Primetime List …
** Note – With the short week, CB360 has bumped up its weekly release schedule. This is a preliminary release of the Primetime Performers – check back later tonight for full release, similar to past weeks, with photos, expanded data, etc.
CLICK HERE for the extended/full release
Auburn junior designated hitter Kevin Patterson (Birmingham, Ala.) and Pepperdine junior lefthander Matt Bywater (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) headline the 14th group of honorees in the CB360 Primetime Performers Weekly Honor Roll, recognizing clutch efforts for the week of May 17-23. (front-page photo courtesy of Pepperdine)
Patterson has been named the national Primetime Player of the Week and Bywater is the Primetime Pitcher of the Week, while 16 others (listed below) join them in comprising the Primetime Performer Weekly Honor Roll, as selected by CollegeBaseball360.com. Pattrerson’s power stroke helped lift Auburn to the SEC West title following a series sweep at Mississippi, while Bywater set a Pepperdine record with his fourth solo shutout of the season in a win over San Diego that halted USD’s quest for an unbeaten run through the WCC.
CLICK HERE for the archive of previous CB360 Primetime award winners (scroll down for earlier weeks).
Primetime Performer Award Criteria (not based solely on raw stats, but rather …)
• Must have been playing for or against a CB360 top-50 team (in the Composite National Rankings) or performed a high level in games that could be key to a team’s conference/NCAA postseason qualification; made significant contribution to team’s postseason positioning (single-game wins, “quality” wins, series wins, road wins, etc.).
• Involved in clutch performances, such as late game-winning hits, noteworthy comebacks, game-changing plays, team leadership, key defensive efforts, etc.
• Performed at a top level against a team rated highly nationally (or within its conference), with bonus consideration given for key performances away from home field and vs. traditional rivals.
• Overcame adversity or extreme circumstances (for the team and/or individual).
• Any accomplishment that is rare, historic, record-setting, etc., on a national level.
PRIMETIME PERFORMERS WEEKLY HONOR ROLL #14
(May 24, 2010 … presented by CollegeBaseball360.com)
“It’s not so much what you do, as it is when you do it.”
(list to be expanded with bio. data, stats, notes, etc.)
Alabama – Jake Smith
Auburn – *Kevin Patterson
Binghamton – Dave Ciocchi
Boston College – Brad Zapenas
Bucknell – Doug Shribman
The Citadel – Asher Wojciechowski
Clemson – Wilson Boyd
College of Charleston – Greg Blake
Florida – Josh Adams
Florida International – Garrett Wittels
Minnesota – Kyle Geason
North Carolina – Ryan Graepel
Northwestern (La.) State – Eric DeBlanc
Oklahoma – Tyler Ogle
Oregon State – Andrew Susac
Pepperdine – *Matt Bywater
Seton Hall – Jon Prosinski
Washington – Doug Cherry
* – Auburn’s Patterson is the CB360 Primetime Player of the Week and Pepperdine’s Bywater the Primetime Pitcher of the Week.