A Team By Team Look At This Weekend’s Games
Collegebaseball360.com has recently teamed-up with Road2rosenblatt.com to help bring you even more great college baseball information. Chase Titleman has a look at this weekend’s Pac 10 games as well as team capsules. Following are a few of the capsules. CLICK HERE to see more.
P.S.-Chase and I will record a Podcast later today to talk about his new Key Stats Indicator ratings index as well as several west coast teams.
- After leading Oregon 8-3 with two outs in the Top of the 6th Inning two weeks ago, the Cats have dropped 4 straight, ending what was once a 15 game winning streak.
- Cats lead the PAC in Team Batting Average (.358), Runs Scored (247) and Total Bases (500)…WOW!
- C – Jett Bandy leads conference in batting average (.450) and is tied for 1st in total bases (77), followed by Steve Selsky (.433), Robert Refsnyder (.423) and Seth Mejias-Brean (.396). Joey Rickard is 2nd in conference in RBI’s with 34.
- Kurt Heyer (2.08 ERA, 4-0) leads the pitching staff with 50 strike-outs and just 7 base on balls.
- Recent 24 game win streak is a program record for a start to the season, but only the 2nd longest overall behind the 1972 record of 32 in a row.
- SS Drew Maggi was named PAC-10 Player of the Week after going 6-13 against Oregon (.462).
- Pitching staff is led by starters Jake Borup (2.43 ERA, 6-0) , Seth Blair (3.12 ERA, 5-0) and Merrill Kelly (3.52 ERA, 6-0), while relievers Mitchell Lambson (1.48 ERA, 41K’s/8BB’s), Jake Barrett (4.50 ERA, 28K’s/5BB’s) & Jordan Swagerty (0.93 ERA, 25K’s/7BB’s) shine in closing roles.
- Bruins lead the PAC in ERA (2.32), Strike-outs (293) and Opponent Batting Average (.191).
- So. RHP Gerrit Cole leads conference in opponent batting average (.157) and strike-outs (61), while Sr. RHP Garett Claypool has the best ERA (1.21).
- Tyler Rahmatulla & Dean Espy both lead the Bruins with .422 AVE, followed by Justin Uribe .403, and Blair Dunlap .394! Every starter in the starting line-up is hitting .300 or better.
- Suffered 2nd loss of the season to Cal State Fullerton on Tuesday after Jordan Pries of Stanford shut down the Bruins on Saturday. The 23-2 record is the best start in school history.
(Front page viewer photo courtesy Chase Titleman.)