A Look At When Selections Will Be Announced
We are less than 72 hours from the full announcement of the 64-team field for the 2010 NCAA Division One Baseball Championship. Here’s a look at how and when things will go this weekend (including Monday.)
Sunday, May 30
- At the conclusion of conference tournament championship games the 30 teams that win those championships and thus receive automatic bids to the tournament will be known. CLICK HERE to see the current list of teams that have claimed bids.
- The 16 Regional tournament hosts sites will be announced at approximately 3:30 pm Eastern Time. Collegebaseball360.com will post the sites as soon as we get them. Keep an eye on our Twitter (@CB360updates) and Facebook feeds as well.
Monday, May 31
- The entire 64-team tournament field will be announced live on ESPN at 12:30 pm Eastern Time.
- During the show 34 teams that receive at-large tournament bids will be revealed.
- Seeding for each regional, Top 8 National seeds and which regionals will match-up for Super Regionals (but not Super Regional sites) will be unveiled.
- The selection show will last 30 minutes.
- Approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the selection show NCAA Selection Committee Chairman Tim Weiser will field questions from the media in a conference call. That call will not air live to the public, but Collegebaseball360.com will post audio from that Q & A session on our Podcast page.
Monday, June 7
- The Eight Super Regional host sites will be announced at approximately 11 pm Eastern Time.
- Four Super Regionals will begin on Friday, June 11, while the other four will begin on June 12.
Friday, June 18
- The eight Super Regional winners will be in Omaha, NE for “practice day” and press conference at Rosenblatt Stadium.
- Collegebaseball360.com will be there to provide as much video and audio content as possible on our site.
Saturday, June 19-Wednesday, June 30
- The College World Series takes place for the last time at Rosenblatt Stadium.
- Collegebaseball360.com will be there to provide video, audio and other daily coverage as possible on our site.
CLICK HERE to see more details on the at-large selection process and Regional, Super Regional & CWS formats.